Friday, March 14, 2008

Ok, here we go again.....

So, because I was so very bad and concentrated too much on getting settled here in Colorado, I lost my site from before. I also have a rotten rememberer sometimes and forgot my access e-mail, it probably doesn't exist any longer anyhow, so.....

I have finally gotten settled here in this wonderful state and have been back to knitting up a storm for quite some time now. Most of the things that I have completed are socks, because they are my passion and I would dare say that I am just as good at them know as my dear friend Ken, and he is a pretty good socker! I learned a lot from him at our start and I am sure that as we go through our lives, we will learn more from each other someplace down the road of life...I love him dearly and miss him greatly. So, enough about that...

I ventured into making a sweet little sweater for a young little lady in Kennduskeag, Maine...welcome to the world Jenna Rae! ~ and it was so much fun....I made it out of Cream 'n Sugar cotton, verigated pink/green/blue/white....I am pretty proud of the end result. Put little pink teddy bear buttons on it and made little pink booties to match even....it was a fun project!


And socks, like I said, they are my passion...all I want to do all day long is make socks! Made my entire family socks for Christmas..they loved them. Working on a pair now for my son Garrett, but am really stuck with the pattern. The gusset is strange to me, but I will master it, it just may take me awhile. haha





Found something else kind of cool to make also ~ wristlets. I have made several pair of them, and have obtained MANY new patterns for all different types of them. This is the first pair I ever made...I have gotten better at it for sure!

So that is the knitter in for, at least a little bit.....

Another thing that I love to do is collect permanent art.....yup, tattoos. I have seven of them now, and these are some of my newest...the unicorn is 12 years old but the medusa is only about two. And the stars on my foot are about two years old and the dragon is about three. Great artist in Northern Maine ~ thanks Chad~!! Check him out at Insane Body Art in Brewer, Maine...ask for Chad Wynne and tell him that I sent ya! He is the best!!!


Well, guess I have gone on, and on, and on, and on long enough. I will post my newest projects as they come off the needles..have some cool patterns stacked up beside my yarn basket by the easy chair and I can't wait to share them with you...

Best to everyone and keep on knittin' ~

No comments: